Welcome back all our students and families after the school break. The Directorate and Management Team have met this morning and we would like to share the following update as all decisions are made with the health of our students, staff and visitors in mind.
AIS has taken the following precautions:
- The Directorate and Management Team meet daily to enable a coordinated overview of the current situation. Updates will be daily on the website.
- The Directorate is in daily contact with the appropriate health officials and the GGD who officially monitor the national and cross border health controls. They are aware of the international context of our school. We are following all protocols in place and we are in regular contact with JFC HQ Command and other leadership across all four founding nations.
- As of today, we do not have any students or staff from our school community with a reported case of the virus; measures are in place if this notification changes and you will be immediately informed.
- We are coordinating and monitoring information regarding students attendance daily for patterns to assist in further preventative measures. If parents choose for their children to remain at home for a particular health reason they are asked to inform their national sections who are reporting daily statistics to the Directorate to collate.
- Additional sanitizing hand wash and wipes have been purchased and have been placed around the school for student and staff use.
- Staff are working hard to regularly remind students how to do follow good hygiene in washing hands with soap and water. Videos and relevant posters to use with students have been shared in school and you can access them on our parent portal.
- Our cleaning team are paying attention and using disinfectant materials for taps and door handles, areas touched by hands etc.
- Our Nurses are spending focused time talking to students about good hygiene and how to identify symptoms early and will be monitoring carefully.
What can our families do to support AIS?
- Please be cognizant of your own and families health. Everyone is encouraged to continue to promote and apply personal hygiene measures; Avoid contact with sick people, in particular those with a cough; practice good respiratory health by covering your mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or an elbow (not your hand), and disposing of tissues immediately in the bin
- STAY HOME when you are showing symptoms of respiratory problems (problematic breathing) in combination with coughing and sneezing, and possible contact with anyone known to have been asked to quarantine themselves.
- Do not visit a GP/Doctor or First Aid Center but CALL your GP/Doctor or GGD on 088-880-5070 or 088-880-5000.
- Inform your National Section and the Directorate if you are concerned and/or instructions prevent you from attending school.
- Reminder: Do sign up for ENS if you have not done so already.
General Information: Heinsberg Area/CDC GK/Buses
As a precautionary measure due to Coronavirus cases in their local community (Heinsberg-area schools remain closed) Geilenkirchen, Germany NATO leadership has decided this morning to keep CDC, SAP, Gyms, IYA, Chapel, Library, and MWR clubs closed this week.
School Bus Schedules are as normal. Parents need to pick up their children from the CDC stop. NATEX and community DFAC (Rotodome) remain open with no restrictions. There are no closures at JFC Brunssum.