Critical Pre-Screening Checks – Annex A
Thank you for your vigilance in the pre-checks you conduct at home daily and for keeping your child/children at home if they (or you) are showing any signs of feeling unwell. This action is certainly helping us to coordinate our measures in keeping COVID 19 out of school. We ask that you keep national sections informed of any situation that arises where your child/family are a suspect/contact case for COVID 19 as it is critical information for contact tracing and tracking. All information is held sensitively and protected.
We are in daily contact with the COVID Response Cell at JFC HQ so that we can coordinate a joined up response. They have asked us to remind parents of the following:
“Please remind all parents that if their child is showing COVID19 symptoms, they are considered a SUSPECT case and all people in their household are CONTACT cases automatically until the situation with the symptomatic person has been cleared. This means, the parents are not allowed to come to work as well”.
The main message is:
- To keep children at home if feeling unwell or if anyone within the home is displaying COVID 19 symptoms;
- To not forget / wear a mask. Following a review of the most current health and governmental guidance of best practices AIS has provided further guidance and protocols for wearing a face mask at school. We have selected two posters to support discussions with your child. Refer to New Annex D.3 added to our parent portal.
- To wash/sanitise hands frequently.
- See Annex A, D and F on the parent portal on the AIS website.
Drop off and Pick up
There is a waiting area established just inside the pedestrian gate to assist in managing the drop off and pick up of your child. You will need your ID card to access this area where a MOD Guard is on duty.
A friendly reminder to social distance and always follows proper and safe in-traffic behaviour. Please know that your role modelling for our children in keeping to the 1.5 m distancing, wearing of masks and driving with due care is deeply appreciated and supports our messaging in school. For additional carparking see the link to our additional car park.
This message went out earlier in the week on behalf of the AIS Elementary Management Team:
In an effort to ensure the safety of all of our students and community members the Management Team has made the following decisions concerning student pick-up.
After observing and making adjustments to parents pick-up the elementary principals from the American, British, and Canadian sections have decided that students Pre-k through 1st grade will have to be collected by a parent from within the gate. ID cards will be checked, and masks are required. Pre – K through 1st – grade students will not be allowed to exit the school campus without a parent.
Due to safety concerns, all elementary students may not cross the street without a parent. Please support safety for all by waiting by the kiss and ride side of the street next to the school fence.
As a reminder dismissal times are the following M,T,TH,F – Pk-1st -1515, 2-3 1525, 4,5 1530
Wednesday – all US student 1340
We appreciate your cooperation for the safety of everyone.
This is a continuous challenge to reinforce with young people. We need parental support in talking with their child about this at home. All students do not do this naturally – it takes a conscious effort.
How can parents help?
- Keep reminding your child to be more aware and practise keeping a distance of 1.5 m when moving around in a public space on school campus; that is inside and outside the school building as this reduces the chance of people infecting each other (refer to Annex D of further guidance). Help them to understand the importance of their actions for the safety of all – not just themselves but for their teachers and for family at home.
All our protocols can be found on the parent portal on our website. We will continue to adapt and modify as we conduct risk assessments on a daily basis. Thank you for working in partnership with us so positively to do this. We close, with a friendly reminder to maintain the current restrictions in place and keep well and safe.