Students will be receiving their timetables in their 1st period class on Monday morning. These will reflect the courses selected by you and your son/daughter back in May when you submitted a signed Course Contract.
No timetable changes will be entertained until Thursday morning August 19th at 9 AM when our online Timetable Change Request Form is activated. It will remain open until 3 PM on Monday August 30th.
Students with no timetable or with a hole in their timetable will be the priority for the first three days of school.
A few items to keep in mind regarding requests to change timetables:
- Timetables were built based on the demand that you gave us in the spring when you completed, and your parents signed your Course Contract.
- In submitting this form, I assume that both the student and the parent have discussed this request completely.
- ONE online request will be entertained per student. That said, within this one request there may be more than one course change requested.
- Many classes are now full and some have been relocated or collapsed based on demand.
- There is NO GUARANTEE that your request can be accommodated in which case you will need to remain in the timetable that you originally requested.
- Priority placement in classes will be given to students needing compulsory credits and to senior courses that impact graduation pathways to post-secondary.
- All students except for grade 12s MUST have 8 courses in their timetable – most grade 12s are entitled to at least one Study Hall period.
I will deal with requests in the order in which I receive them.
- Where they are simple and solvable, I will make the change immediately and send the parent/student an email clarifying that the change was made and asking the student to pick up their new timetable from the Canadian Office.
- For changes that are not possible (class is full), the parent/student will receive an email clarifying that they will need to remain in the timetable they originally chose.
- For changes that are more complicated, I will call the student down so we can resolve their request in person. Again, an email will be sent to the parent/student clarifying the action that was taken.
The Timetable Change Request Form will be accessible from Thursday morning August 19th at 9 AM until 3 PM on Monday August 30th.
Timetable Change Request Form